Your biggest challenge?
Lent – Week 2 – Challenge
If you were asked “What’s the largest or most scary challenge you’ve ever faced?” what would your answer be?
Here’s what someone said to us when asked this question:
My scariest challenge of recent years was skiing for the first time at age 36. Huge falls resulted in spectacular bruises and increasing feelings of anxiety as the week went on. I found that the physical challenge was also a mental one!
But what about the day to day challenges which need mind over matter (and faith)….
- the challenge to try and see the best in everyone (even those who are hard to like),
- the challenge to be grateful rather than taking things for granted,
- the challenge to embrace the day positively when you wake up feeling grumpy,
- the challenge to live more simply when there are so many things to consume,
- the challenge to forgive when its difficult.
Perhaps these day to day challenges are harder than learning to ski! With God’s help we can do it.
What are the day-to-day challenges that you face?
How do you remain faithful despite them?
Do you have someone to support you in the challenges in your life?